With all our children starting up school sports again, we thought it might be a good time to introduce a great recipe for a sports drink that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup or dyes!
- 1 quart of liquid (options: green tea, herbal teas, coconut water, plain water, etc)
- ⅛-1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt (regular table salt will work, but it doesn't have all the trace minerals)
- ¼ to ½ tsp Calcium magnesium powder (optional)
- ¼ cup or more of juice (optional. Can use grape, apple, lemon, lime, pineapple, etc)
- 1-2 TBSP sweetener (optional)- can use honey, stevia, etc. I suggest brewing stevia leaf into the base liquid for the most natural option.
- Brew tea if using or slightly warm base liquid
- Add salt and calcium magnesium (if using)
- Add juice and mix or shake well
- Cool and store in fridge until ready to use